Today we would like to look at one of IT outsourcing success stories: a $2.25 billion contract for IT outsourcing company.
The India’s top IT exporter Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has bagged a $2.25 billion outsourcing contract from Nielsen, a television rating measurement firm. The deal is reportedly the biggest ever outsourcing deal for an Indian IT firm.
The story behind
- TCS has bagged a $2.25 billion outsourcing contract from Nielsen, reportedly the biggest ever outsourcing deal for an Indian IT firm. The contract is signed in October 2017
- The two companies had struck a 10-year deal in 2008 for $1.2 billion
- Which was expanded to $2.5 billion in 2013
- $320 million worth of business annually in the 2017-2020 period
- Prospective annual revenue from 2021 till 2024 is being seen at $186 million,
- And at $139.5 million in 2025.
TCS will globally provide Nielsen with professional services relating to information technology (including application development and maintenance), business process outsourcing, client service knowledge process outsourcing, management sciences, analytics, and financial planning. Source: goo.gl/Unpxkr
… and about both companies:
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology (IT) service, consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and operates in 46 countries. As of 2017, it is ranked 10th on the Fortune India 500 list. In April 2018, TCS became the first Indian IT company to breach $100 billion market capitalization. Source: Wikipedia
The Nielsen Corporation, self-referentially known as The Nielsen Company, and formerly known as ACNielsen or AC Nielsen, is a global marketing research firm, with worldwide headquarters in New York City, United States. Regional headquarters for North America are located in the Chicago. One of Nielsen’s best known creations is the Nielsen ratings, an Audience measurement system that measures television, radio and newspaper audiences in their respective media markets. Source: Wikipedia
Share it! You are free to share this infographic on:
- social networks (just click on share button on the page)
- your website/blog. Here is a HTML code for sharing it:
<a href=”https://software-it-outsourcing.com/biggest-it-outsourcing-contract/”><img src=”https://software-it-outsourcing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Biggest-IT-Outsourcing-Contract.png”><div>The biggest IT Outsourcing contract: $2.25 billion</div></a>